No current vacancies.
Senior Firmware Engineer
Petersfield, Hampshire, UK
InSync Technology Ltd is offering an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled and motivated senior firmware engineer to join an established team of experienced engineers in a growing company. We work mainly on the delivery of sophisticated video processing hardware.
You will become a key contributor to both existing and exciting new future products. You will utilise and improve your existing knowledge of VHDL targeting the latest Intel and Xilinx FPGA devices to implement highly complex digital video signal processing algorithms. You will be challenged to write accurate high speed signal processing blocks, utilising your 5 or more years of experience writing VHDL (and Verilog).
Your design experience, knowledge and skills will be expanded through increased engagement with the full product life cycle. While working here you will have the support and guidance of a team of experienced engineers, with a focus on independent working. As a dedicated team player you will also have the opportunity to share knowledge and mentor others.
Essential skills and qualifications
- Degree-level qualification in electronics or other relevant discipline
- Thorough understanding of digital logic principles and design
- Knowledge of Intel (Altera) or Xilinx FPGAs
- Ability to design in VHDL, simulate in ModelSim and synthesise using vendor toolsets
- Knowledge of video broadcast standards and SDI video processing
- Well developed problem solving and debug skills
- Capability to work from specification or concept to an implemented, working design
- Experienced in the use of oscilloscopes, vendor-specific debug tools and test equipment
- Must posses the ability to work independently, and also to work effectively within a team
- Be able to plan and manage own workload and report on progress accurately and succinctly
- Ability to read and understand hardware schematics
- Knowledge of version control tools (SVN/Git)
Desirable skills and qualifications
- Knowledge and experience of Digital Signal Processing (DSP), such as filters and Fourier transforms, and implement in Firmware
- Experience of coding in Verilog, C/C++ or Python
- Knowledge of Intel NIOS II processors, ability to code in C, and use Intel build tools for Eclipse
- Knowledge of HDMI specification, and design experience
- Knowledge of high-speed interfaces and protocols, such as PCIe, Ethernet, Interlaken, DDR3/4.
12 July 2021.
Working for InSync Technology
InSync Technology is a successful Employee-owned business providing hardware and software products and services to broadcast and media markets. Since our inception in 2003, InSync has specialised in development of highly efficient signal processing hardware and software products, with a focus on motion compensated frame rate and format conversion (standards converters). In addition to a competitive salary, you will benefit from working within a small, friendly team, in a pleasant environment, and will have the opportunity to join the employee share ownership scheme.
We can also offer an energetic and supportive environment where the adage ‘work hard and play hard’ could not be more true. With much more in the social calendar than a lively annual Christmas party, the team has enjoyed excursions including trips to Rome, Barcelona, the Isle of Wight, Amsterdam and Paris to socialise, foster team cohesion and celebrate success.
Health and well-being are fully acknowledged as contributory factors to long term success for both employees and the business. Within the company you will find pursuits such as windsurfing, cycling and running are enjoyed as part of day to day life. Many staff cycle to work and cycling has featured in after-work social and team-building activities. An annual outing sees a number of staff spend a weekend cycling the South Downs Way. The runners are always happy to welcome new staff to join a biweekly lunchtime run.
Petersfield is an attractive market town with a lively cosmopolitan feel. In addition to a variety of shops, cafés, restaurants and pubs, it has good transport links, not least direct access to the A3 and a mainline railway station. Surrounded by beautiful countryside, InSync is located within the newly created South Downs National Park. Plenty of options exist for setting up home, with easy commuting from cities such as Guildford, Portsmouth and Southampton or a host of nearby towns and villages to suit a variety of tastes and budgets.
We only deal with selected agencies. CVs submitted by any agency not already contracted with us will not be considered.
Eligibility to work in the UK
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. We do not accept CVs from candidates requiring sponsorship.
“I couldn’t imagine a more supportive, friendly or rewarding company to work at than InSync. I’m constantly inspired by the work ethic and competency of my colleagues, impressed by the breadth of opportunities and meaninful responsibility, and growing through new challenges and education. InSync is durable, dynamic, and ethical, in constant pursuit of better, whilst being a fantastic place to work.”
“I joined InSync this year and everyone has been so welcoming. The work is really interesting but I also appreciate the flexibility.”